Creating Supportive Workplaces
We have introduced a number of measures to enable employees to work and raise children at the same time and to feel secure in their work. Our aim is to enable all employees to work in a suitable working environment.
Going forward, we will continue to improve the workplace environment for employees who raise children, and will create an environment and a system where women with ambition and skills can achieve career advancement that will lead to their advancement and promote women to managerial positions.
We are pleased to announce that we have recently developed a General Business Owner Action Plan in accordance with the Act to Advance Women's Success in Their Working Life and Act on Advancement of Measures to Support Raising Next-Generation Children.
Action Plan (General Business Owner Action Plan based on the Act on Promotion of Women's Participation and Advancement in the Workplace and Act on Advancement of Measures to Support Raising Next-Generation Children.)
- 1.Period of the Plan
- April 1, 2016 to March 31, 2019
- To foster a work environment that encourages female employees to continue to work and to create an environment and a system where women with ambition and skills can achieve career advancement. The company aims to increase the percentage of women in managerial positions (5.0% as of January 1, 2016) to 6.3% (the mean value in the chemical industry).
- 3.Plan Details
- By considering and introducing a policy under which female employees can continue to work while maintaining a balance between work and family, we aim to build the population of managerial candidates.
- Consideration of extended childcare leave period
- Consideration of flexible shorter working hours
- Consideration of expansion of application for "the welcome back system"
- Consideration of flexible annual paid vacations
- Consideration of flexible requirements for job transfer
Starting from April 1, 2016, while maintaining an internal discussion regarding the feasibility of the policy draft, as soon as a definite plan is prepared, we will execute the plans in sequence.
Progress of the measures in the action plan
|April 2017||Consideration of expansion of application for "the welcome back system"||"A person who has resigned the company due to spouse's transfer to another location" was added to the eligibility of "the welcome back system".|