1. Torii’s View on the Protection of Personal Information
Torii Pharmaceutical CO.,LTD.(hereinafter referred to as “Torii”) will obtain and use personal information such as names, addresses, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses (hereinafter referred to as “personal information”) to facilitate Torii's business.
Torii recognizes that the proper protection of personal information is an important responsibility. In order to fulfill this responsibility, Torii will handle personal information based on the following policies.
- 1.We will comply with the relevant laws and other laws and regulations on the protection of personal information that are applicable to personal information. We will ensure that we adhere to practices regarding the handling of personal information generally deemed to be fair and appropriate, and handle information appropriately.
- 2.We will clarify the rules regarding the handling of personal information, and will ensure that the employees are thoroughly aware of these rules. In addition, we will also require business partners to handle personal information in an appropriate manner.
- 3.When obtaining personal information, we will specify and notify or release the purpose of use, and handle personal information in accordance with the purpose of use.
- 4.We will devise necessary measures and implement appropriate management in order to prevent the divulgation loss, and altercation, etc. of personal information.
- 5.The disclosure, revision, deletion, and discontinuation of use, etc. of personal information will be accepted by our contact desk and will be handled with sincerity.
2. Use of Personal Information
Torii will use personal information within the scope of the purpose of use that we have already specified and notified or released.
To facilitate business operations, Torii may outsource a portion of these business operations to other companies, and may disclose personal information to the extent required. In this case, Torii will enter an agreement with this third party regarding the handling of personal information, and exercise the necessary and appropriate supervision.
3. Disclosure and Provision to a Third Party
Torii will not disclose or provide personal information to a third party, except in cases that outsource to a third party in order to achieve the purpose of use and in cases that apply to the following.
- 1.Cases in which the consent of the concerned individual is obtained.
- 2.Cases in which statistical data in a format that makes it impossible to identify the individual.
- 3.Cases in which disclosure or provision is required by laws and regulations.
- 4.Cases in which disclosure or provision of personal information is necessary for the protection of the life, body, or property of a person and it is otherwise difficult to obtain the concerned individual's consent.
- 5.Cases in which information is particularly necessary to improve public health or promote the sound growth of children, but it is difficult to obtain individual's consent.
- 6.Cases in which it is necessary to cooperate with national or local governments or parties entrusted by the government to carry out operations required by laws and regulations, and obtaining consent from the individual concerned may be a hindrance to carrying out these operations.
When a request for the disclosure of personal data held by Torii is made by the actual person concerned, Torii will respond within a reasonable period and to a reasonable extent after confirming that the request is from the actual person concerned.
5. Correction, Deletion, etc.
When a request for the correction, addition, or deletion of personal data held by Torii is made by the actual person concerned for the reason that the content of the personal data is incorrect, Torii will correct, add, or delete the personal data within a reasonable period and to a reasonable extent after confirming that the request is from the actual person concerned.
6. Discontinuation of Use or Deletion
When a request for the discontinuation of use or deletion of personal data held by Torii is made by the actual person concerned, Torii will discontinue use of or delete the personal data within a reasonable period and to a reasonable extent after confirming that the request is from the actual person concerned.
Please be aware that the partial or complete discontinuation of use or deletion of such information may unfortunately prevent you from using services that customers may request. In addition, Torii may not be able to discontinue use of or delete items of information that are held under related laws and regulations.